The Craniosacral System consists of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. Craniosacral Therapy helps release the restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system. Craniosacral Therapy is a light touch, noninvasive technique to balance the bones, nerves, fluids, connective tissues of the cranium and spinal area. Craniosacral therapy can help with a variety of conditions by releasing restrictions causing or contributing to your pain and calming your sympathetic (fight or flight) nervous system.
Two major ways Craniosacral Therapy can help:
1) Release restrictions causing or contributing to your pain.
2) Getting your body out of “fight-or-flight” mode by calming your sympathetic nervous system.
Craniosacral Therapy can be helpful with:
- Headaches and Migraines
- Back and Neck Pain
- Pelvic Pain and Tension
- Fibromyalgia/ Chronic Pain
- Chronic Fatigue
- Gastrointestinal Issues
- Tempromandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- After Trauma or Surgery